Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Tis Better to Give

So Moviestorm announces a Holiday Movie Contest, and this being my favorite time of year, I couldn't resist entering.
After 1 1/2 weeks of intense ranting and wrangling, I've put together what I think is a pretty good movie. At nearly 17 minutes long, this is a story with a very important holiday message.

Here is the description:

Michelle is very naughty. After a big snow storm, she finds a snowman has mysteriously appeared in her yard, and before the holiday is done she learns a very important lesson.

This movie contains no dialogue. I've attempted to tell the story through gestures, music, and the expressions of the characters.


This is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Shar​e Alike 3.0 license.

The last time I made a movie this long (with the sims) it took me 6 months! The production of this movie was a whirlwind affair, so if you see any glaring flaws (I didn't), please bear that in mind ;)

You can check it out at TM Underground and at the Moviestorm site under featured movies...but if you don't feel like going to those places to see it, I've embedded a flash version of the movie on the main page of my site.

www.darklordproductions.com

I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday, and my best wishes to you and yours for 2010!

Oh, and I'll post about my Epic fail over releasing those movies in October in the next few days here ;)

No comments: